Pearls are an organic gem and require special care so that they will last for a very long time. Here are some helpful tips on how to look after your pearls ....
- Never use ANY chemical to clean your pearls and avoid contact with chemicals while wearing your pearls / jewelry
- Never leave your pearls on or close to direct heat - fireplace mantles, near cooking equipment or on top of a television
- Never clean your pearls with any 'natural cleaners' like vinegar, lemon juice or baking soda - these can eat through the nacre and damage your pearls
- Never store your pearls in plastic as they can emit a chemical that can damage the pearls surface
- Pearls need a little moisture so Never store them in a very dry place for long periods of time
- Pearls are grown in water so this is the best way of cleaning them - luke warm water with a soft cloth is best. You can use a little soap if needed (not detergent)
- If using a Jewelry cleaner always check the label to make sure it states 'safe for pearls'
- Always remove pearls before applying hair spray or perfume as these can damage the pearl
- Store your pears somewhere safe (wrapped in a soft cloth) so they do not get scratched or knocked by other jewelry or items
- Remove pearls before exercising
Remember to Love and Enjoy your Pearls - Wear them regularly to keep the lustre glowing!